I feel fortunate to have been inspired by motivational authors and speakers, such as Zig Ziglar, John Maxwell, Jim Rohn, Dale Carnegie and Jack Canfield; just to name a few. Listening to their audio books, I am amazed at how their timeless principles still resonate, even though many were written decades ago.
Here are 10 things to live by inspired by these motivational speakers:
- Think positive thoughts and continually remind yourself to look for the bright side!
- Treat other people the way you would want to be treated.
- Spend time with mentors and people who will build you up – yet listen to their criticism in order to make progress toward your goals.
- Always be looking for new opportunities.
- Give back to others – what goes around comes around.
- Be a lifelong learner. Read and listen to good books. You can increase your skills ten fold by listening to audio books and courses while driving, walking, or even doing housework!
- Listen to others even if you don’t agree with their point of view. Look for commonalities rather than differences.
- Exercise your body and feed it healthy food. Taking care of yourself will help you feel and perform your best. There is only one you.
- Be still. Meditate everyday – in a quiet place with no distractions. There is so much noise out in the world. Your mind needs nourished too.
- Nurture your spiritual life.
Curious about what kind of business should you own?