Frequently Asked Questions ...
Why should I buy a franchise?
- This comes from the franchise system’s proven method of doing business.
- Franchising offers individuals the opportunity to be in business for themselves, but not by themselves.
- The franchisor is there to provide support with all the different functions of the business. They have seen the issues that can arise in their business and know how to deal with any problems effectively.
- Franchisors provide extensive initial training and support so you’re well prepared to handle whatever comes.
- In addition, they provide advertising and marketing support to help build your business.
Why use Select Franchise Consulting and not go directly to the franchisors?
- Quite simply to save time, money and potential aggravation!
- We provide free initial business consulting to help you achieve your goals.
- We have the experience and knowledge necessary to assist you in choosing from the most successful business opportunities available.
- Our expertise and knowledge can save you weeks or months in research time.
- The price of the franchise and associated fees will not be higher if you choose to use Select Franchise Consulting.
How will Select Franchise Consulting help me to find the best franchise for me?
Our goal is to find an opportunity that will meet the specific needs of each individual we work with. To do this effectively, we first have to learn what those needs are. We will ask you a series of detailed questions. Some sample questions you will be asked are:
- What business are you in now?
- Have you ever owned a business of your own?
- What hours do you like to work?
- Where do you want your business to be located?
- How do you feel about managing people?
- How much capital do you have to start a business with?
- Will you have partners?
- Do you want to build multiple units?
- How soon do you want your business to open?
- Will you be involved on a full-time or part-time basis?
These are just a few of the many details we will discuss with you over the course of our consultation process.
We have a simple 6-step process to guide you in your search for the right franchise.
With this information we can match you with opportunities that are consistent with your personal goals.
Sifting through over 3,000 franchise opportunities to find the right fit for you can be a long, tedious and often overwhelming process. We have already done this homework for you.
We have pre-screened hundreds of companies from all areas of business in order to provide you with a wide variety of quality franchise opportunities. They must meet the exacting standards we have set to be included in our catalogue. We have done the work so that we can help you find the franchise opportunity that is perfect for you.
Is financial assistance available?
- Financing can be a major hurdle for any potential franchisee.
- Start-up costs can be high and it is essential that the franchisee have adequate working capital.
- It is important to address any financing issues during the investigation of franchise opportunities.
- Our franchise partners are experienced with this issue, and many offer financing options. We can assist you with exploring the financing options that are available to you.
Do I need specific industry experience to successfully own a franchise?
- No. In fact, most franchisees have had no experience in the industry that they go into.
- Franchisors want their business operators to focus on running the business and not performing the labor their concepts require.
- Franchisees are managers, rather than workers. Franchisors need people who can be effective in areas such as motivating employees, generating sales, and running the day-to-day operations as effectively as possible.
How soon can I get my business started?
- This depends almost entirely on you.
- Our consulting process can be completed easily within a few days if you are motivated.
- Once you begin investigating different franchise opportunities, most clients can find a great match for them within one to three months.
- After you select the right business for you, it will typically take anywhere from 2 weeks to 6 months for your actual business to open for operation.